Monday 18 February 2019

20 Years of The Neutrinos 26.01.19

Celebrating 20 years as a band brought with it hind-site and experience. When we were preparing and rehearsing, we imagined ourselves onstage. I realised that I had enough breath to sing everything well and that feeling breathless onstage was mainly nerves. I decided not to be nervous and to have enough breath. It worked. The same with learning lyrics, I remembered the feeling of only knowing them sketchily. I didn't want that feeling, so I decided to learn the lyrics and over-learn them, so that my nervous in-the-moment brain could cope. It worked. I fluffed them a bit, but I recovered immediately, because I had made the decision that I would be alright. We had moved the stage into the centre of the NAC auditorium before and played in-the-round, so we had good experience to plan and imagine potential difficulties. We hired in more sound equipment because we knew it would help the audience enjoy the experience more. The show was a clear demonstration of our experience as so many comments from audience members said we looked like we were having such fun, "a joy", they said. It's a privileged to get to this point. 20 years of The Neutrinos didn't feel like, 'oh you still doing it then,' it felt like a celebration of 20 years of what were had learnt in a huge noise-clash of fun. The Butcher celebration Weekend inspired us to bring in the extra guitarists for the final song Isotope... it was immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment