Thursday 3 February 2011

The last month of the book.......

Today is colour tests again. I get very excited about laser printer prints.
Not laser copier, laser printer (that mix-up involved a 30 minute fruitless walk into the depths of outer Norwich, I did experiment with marching songs thou, on the way home)....
Laser printer.....those wee bits of plastic powder heated up and squashed onto the page.
It seems to take to any type of paper including newsprint, and wall lining paper.
The colours are bright and exciting to yer eyeball. i have a new paper stock to try....Bible paper....
It's as thin as newsprint, but whiter and archival.....less acid content. Acid=decomposition+discolouration.....
which I don't mind, but the paper turning brittle and disintegrating is less good.
Will it work? I have a small quiet dream that the laser printer will magically take paper longer than A3....
The book is 25cmx25cm...so longer than A3 has become part of my living days these past 2 years.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeh!!

    I want to see the book. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete